RoboRemo Users' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

command transmission error checking

2 posters

Go down

command transmission error checking Empty command transmission error checking

Post by perigalacticon Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:10 am

Hello,

I just completed the LED tutorial, and I got it working with an ESP8266 with the ESP8266 WiFi UART Bridge firmware.  I saw there was a slight delay in the response of the LED, so I increased the baud rate to 115200 on both devices.  However there are often errors in the commands received by the Arduino, maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 commands are incorrectly received.  

When I checked on the serial monitor I find that some command characters are not correct, for instance an "e" is a "d" or some other strange character is added.  I was wondering if you could add an error checking option to the app controls, like is used with some other radio communications.  The Arduino would send the received command text back to the app, and the app would compare it to the intended command text, and if there is an error it would re-send the text until it is received without error.  I think this can be easily implemented, could you add this feature?  It would be really useful in robot control.

Thanks!

perigalacticon

Back to top Go down

command transmission error checking Empty Re: command transmission error checking

Post by Admin Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:22 am

Hi,
Which firmware code do you use? Lua or Arduino IDE?

Admin
Admin

https://roboremo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down